Quite often we think of flavours as add-ons: Choose your meal. Prep it. Flavour it.
While that’s completely fine, any professional chef will vouch for the terrific rewards of flavour infusion: taking flavouring and making it a part of the very essence of your dish instead of treating it as post hoc seasoning.
The one dish that often falls into this after-the-fact flavouring routine is fish. With our dry rub approach to a whole baked fish with vegetables, you can enjoy the health benefits of a fish and veg dish while endowing it with an outstanding new dimension of taste. For a dish with perfect texture, succulence and flavour nuance be sure to explore our range of state-of-the-art cooking solutions.
Naturally, you’ll always want your fish kept to maximum freshness and with GRUNDIG’s SuperFresh Zone it’s easier than ever.
Watch our video to whet your appetite and get inspired:
FOR FISH RUB
- 15 ml paprika
- 5 ml black peppercorns
- 5 ml dried basil
- 5 ml dried tarragon
- 5 ml granulated garlic
- 5 ml dried grated lemon peel Baked fish as per fish rub recipe
Yellow patty-pans, Baby marrows, Red pepper, Yellow pepper, Red onions, Brinjal, Seasoning, Olive oil.
- Grind the ingredients together until the tarragon and basil are very fine and all the ingredients are well blended.
- Cover the fish with the dry rub and “massage” into the skin. Store the fish in the fridge to rest until you are ready to cook it. A couple of hours is good as this will allow the flavours in the rub to penetrate the fish or you can also cook it straight away.
- Cover with pats of butter and bake until flesh is white and flakes apart with a fork (about 30 minutes).
- Season and cover with melted butter.
For more state-of-the-art living and cutting-edge inspiration visit GRUNDIG now.