Find out how Grundig’s kitchen accessories help make you a better cook
Have you ever wanted to be a master chef, only to end up with your creation looking a little more like school dinners? It can be a little frustrating to see all your preparation and hard work go to waste. That’s where the ‘Chef Assist’ function on Grundig ovens helps.
The Chef Assist function offers between 37 and 50 pre-set recipes to choose from. Ranging from cinnamon buns to salmon fillets. The oven will automatically select the temperature, cooking time and the cooking function most suited to the dish, as well as letting you know the best rack to cook the dish on. You can set variables, such as weight, and the oven will automatically adjust the settings for the perfect cooking time and temperature.
We’ve collected some of the most useful cooking tips to complement your cooking using Chef Assist:
Get the most from your roast
- Always bring your joint to room temperature before you begin cooking.
- Don’t forget to let your meat rest when you take it out of the oven to ensure the meat is tender and juicy.
Give your pastry more puff
- If making pastry from scratch, ensure your hands don’t become too warm by periodically running them under cold water.
- Chill your pastry for at least 30 minutes before rolling it out, or overnight if possible for maximum baking potential.
Boast about your bread
- Successful dough is about ratio, make sure you have this spot on.
- When kneading your dough, don’t use flour. A spray oil or a little butter is much better and will stop your loaf becoming too flour heavy.
Craft your cakes
- Ensure the eggs and butter are room temperature before you add them to the mix – cold ingredients won’t emulsify properly.
- Don’t over fill your cake tins – between ½ and ¾ full will ensure it rises evenly.
Chef Assist ensures you get the most from your oven and helps budding chef’s build confidence and create delicious recipes you can be proud of. In a sense, it’s the ultimate kitchen appliance.