Find out how Grundig’s innovations help you save money
A tumble dryer is a beneficial addition to the modern home. They help save you time and can help you care for your clothes. But for a Grundig tumble dryer, this is only the beginning – it has a range of features designed not only to make your life easier, but save you money. How you ask? With one of Grundig’s most energy efficient innovations – Heat Pump technology.
What is Heat Pump technology?
Most conventional dryers lose the built-up heat it creates when drying clothes. Heat Pump Technology recycles this heat, making the tumble dryer more energy efficient. This means the machine stays at a lower temperature, which is kinder to clothes and can help prevent shrinkage.
How does it work?
Heat Pump Technology works by creating a closed loop inside your dryer. The condenser in the heat pump system is used to heat the air that dries the laundry. As the air in the drum is heated, the water in the clothes evaporates. This moist air is then sent to the tumble dryers’ condenser, where the water is removed and collected as condensation. The air is then re-heated and taken back to the drum to continue the drying cycle. Thanks to this energy efficient system, the air temperature inside the drum is considerably lower compared to conventional dryers, offering a better protection for your clothes.
Easy to use technology
With Grundig Heat Pump Technology you could save up to £50 per year on your energy bills, and use 70% less energy compared to a standard C rated tumble dryer. As well as improved energy efficiency, Grundig tumble dryers operate using a sensor, which measures the level of moisture in the drum. When the load reaches the set level of moisture the dryer will automatically finish the cycle, avoiding unnecessary drying time, and conserving energy.
Get the most out of your machine:
- To get the most out of your tumble dryer regularly clean the filters and condenser, so your machine runs as smoothly as possible.
- Try to make sure your tumble dryer is full every time you use it.
- It’s best to dry similar fabrics together, allowing you to select the most suitable programme to get the best results for your clothes.
- Ensure your bed sheets don’t get tangled up when you put them in the tumble dryer. Separating the fabrics will help them dry faster and give less creasing.
- Fasten duvet covers this will stop smaller items ending up inside duvet covers and staying damp.
- Use a laundry dryer bag or pillow case for smaller items, such as Bras, tights, socks etc.
- Save yourself money with a heat pump tumble dryer from Grundig, take a look at our 8kg model which comes with the world’s largest water tank. For additional peace of mind, all our appliances come with a 5-year warranty on parts and labour, so you can be confident in their quality.Now that you’re familiar with Grundig’s drying technology, why not find out the importance of selecting your perfect washing machine?